SA First Home Owners Grant
South Australia’s eligibility requirements for the first home owners grant are that the property being purchased is for a new home or one that you are building, and that it will be the principal place of residence for the purchaser.
A substantially renovated home may also qualify for the $15,000 first home owners grant.
Other eligibility requirements include:
- properties must have a value of $575,000 or less
- at least one applicant is an Australian citizen or permanent resident (New Zealand citizens who hold special category visas may also apply)
- applicants be aged 18 or above
- applicants must not have owned or had interest in a property before 1 July 2000 or, if after 1 July 2000, have not lived there for more than 6 months
- applicants must not have previously receive a first home owners grant in any state or territory of Australia (although if a grant was received and later paid back with any penalty, reapplication may be possible)
Companies and trusts are unable to apply for the first home owners grant and South Australia do not currently offer stamp duty concessions or exemptions for first home buyers.
For purchasers who hold a qualification of certificate 3 or above, a 3% deposit concession may be available.
Talk to your local broker who will be able to help with all available concession and grant opportunities.